How to properly delete your old offline utility data and replace it with new data (v9)
Purpose of article
Sometimes offline data can become corrupted and is no longer usable. Re-downloading the data will allow the customer to use their offline utility again. This guide is for version nine of SunLync while using Windows 10.
Note: Please open the images in another window to see the full picture size.
Supporting Information - Solution - Steps taken to resolve issue
1. Go to your file explorer within Windows 10. You can get to this by right clicking on the start menu and clicking file explorer.
2. First we need to disable all offline services other wise we cannot delete the offline data.
3. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SunLync\Offline Utility\Download Util\Scheduler.
4. Right click on OfflineServiceUtility.exe and run as admin.
5. On the local service tab click Stop. Eventually it should say The service is installed, but not running. Close out of this window.
6. Make sure ALL SunLync programs are closed. This includes the SunLync POS, Tserver, and offline utility. Check task manager through Windows to confirm this.
7. Go to your file explorer within Windows 10. You can get to this by right clicking on the start menu and clicking file explorer.
8. Select "This PC" and select the hard drive where SunLync is installed.
9. Enable Window's hidden folder by going to View (on the top left of the window) and check the box for Hidden Items.
10. You should see the ProgramData folder now.
11. Double Click on ProgramData.
12. Double click on the SunLync folder.
13. Double click on Offline Utility.
14. Now you should be within "C:\ProgramData\SunLync\Offline Utility".
15. There should be a data folder there. Delete it by right clicking on it, then clicking Delete.
16. Right click on the white space in that window, and create a new folder.
17. Name the folder Data.
18. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SunLync\Offline Utility.
19. Right click on DBVerify.exe and run as admin.
20. Click Check for Offline Utility DB Updates.
21. Press OK to the complete window.
22. Then close out of the Offline Utility DB Update window.
23. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SunLync\Offline Utility\Download Util\Scheduler.
24. Right Click on OfflineServiceUtility.exe and click run as admin.
25. Select the Scheduling tab.
26. The start date means when the first day the offline data will start updating.
27. Start time is what time the download should start.
28. Download Frequency means how often the update will happen. I would recommend keeping this on every day.
29. Download History Date is asking how far back you would like to download data from.
30. Once you have configured all those fields click on the Service Status.
31. Click Connect to Service, enable debug mode, and click download now.
32. The status should change to RUNNING. Once the download is done, the status will change to IDLE. You must keep this window open while the offline data downloads.
Additional Information (If applicable)